The Beekman Thompson Hotel opened in September 2016 near the World Trade Center.
This is a spot where we recreate the old building designated as a historic building in NY as a luxurious hotel & residence.
Recommended is the lounge.
If you go to the lounge on the first floor, please see the atrium in the colonnade.
There is no doubt that it will be captivated by magnificent architecture.
It is in a colonnade to 9th floor and you can see the sky through a pyramid-shaped glass-clad roof.
I heard that the railings of Victorian-style cast iron that were passed around in the corridor were restored as they were then.
It is a wonderful space that you are going to take us to the past at a time when you are watching it.
This Beekman hotel was once called Temple Court and was a building where many law firms gathered.
It is a building built in Queen Ann style in 1883, and the two spiers are landmarks with its icons.
Thompson Hotel Group bought a building that had been ruined for a long time, and perfectly refurbished, but the wonderful thing is making full use of the aspect of the time.
Christmas trees are decorated for the current season and it is more romantic.
Before the building was built in 1883, it seems that Clinton Hall, the predecessor of NY University, was in this corner.
There were lots of books stored here and it was also a scented spot of culture that Edgar Allan Poe and other authors gathered together.
Suitable for its history, classic with front desk and lobby lounge in Victorian style.
On the other hand, works of contemporary artist Cathy Cone are listed on the wall, adding unique paintings to portraits of writers such as Edgar Allan Poe and Ralph Waldo Emerson who are deeply involved in this area Beautiful and artistic.
There is a hip atmosphere at the same time as classic, and there are many adults who are stylish customers.
It is divided into hotel and residential, and there are 287 rooms in total.
The interior of the hotel is chic and luxurious.
The color is also a calm tone, the furniture is also classic and elegant.
In addition to the 38 suites, a roof top terrace is also set up in the penthouse set in the two towers symbolizing the building.
There. are two restaurants in the hotel.
The restaurant "Fowler & Wells" handled by celebrity chef Tom Corriccius (Fowler & Wells) and Keith · McNally, famous for restaurant Thier who runs "Baltazar" and "Pastis" of Augustine There are two restaurants.
Why do not you try delicious moments in the lounge, which suits fashionable adults.
Back to the story of this building;
The Temple Court Building and Annex, at 5 Beekman Street (corner of Nassau street), New York City, reopened in August 2016 as the Beekman Hotel following extensive renovations.
The structure was designed as a red-brick and terra-cotta office building in the Queen Anne, neo-Grec, and Renaissance Revival styles. The original structure was begun in 1881 and finished in 1883, with an attached annex constructed between 1889 and 1890. It was commissioned and originally owned by Eugene Kelly (1808–1894), an Irish immigrant who had achieved wealth as a dry-goods retailer and banker. The firm of Benjamin Silliman, Jr. and James M. Farnsworth were the architects.
One of the building's pyramidal peaks
The building’s most noteworthy feature is the atrium rising through all nine stories and crowned by a large pyramidal skylight. In the 1940s, walls were erected on each floor to enclose this court for fire-safety reasons, hiding the atrium, railings, and skylight from public view. Those walls have since been removed, revealing the skylight and the atrium with its elaborate wrought-iron railings.
Temple Court was purportedly "modeled after a building of the same name in London" that was part of the Inns of Court. It was intended to attract lawyers as tenants, although a 1942 article says that by then the lawyers had moved out because of the declining neighborhood.
The adjoining annex, built between 1889 and 1890 at 119-121 Nassau Street, was designed by James M. Farnsworth, who had already established his own practice separate from his partnership with Silliman. The annex has a limestone facade in a Romanesque Revival style.
On April 2, 1893, between 6:30 and 7:30 am, a fire started in room 725 of the annex, a typist’s office. No one was in the building, except for a resident janitor and his wife, who lived on the annex's tenth floor and could escape. While there was no loss of life, the damage to the top four floors of the annex was severe. Interior pine walls fueled the blaze, but the structure of the building survived.
The Temple Court Building with its Annex was designated a New York City landmark on November 10, 1998.
The building’s final tenant was architect Joseph Pell Lombardi, who moved out in 2001, leaving the entire structure vacant. In 2008, Joseph Chetrit and Charles Dayan purchased the building for $61 million and planned to convert it into a 200-room hotel. In 2012, after a dispute between Chetrit and Dayan, it was sold to GFI Capital Resources. In August 2016, the building re-opened as The Beekman, consisting of a combination of condominiums and hotel rooms.